Neroli - Citrus Auranteum - Bitter Orange
The blossoms of the Bitter Seville Orange are sweet and heady. The trees are evergreen and love the sand hills on our property. The stand of 120 trees were planted in 1949 and are still going strong. Each year in October we pick as many flowers as we can and put them into our still. The sweet rich fragrant smell wafts over the hills and adds delight to the air.
In aromatic and herbal medicine the flowers are known to be a natural anti depressive and anti hypertensive. So for depression and high blood pressure the smelling of these flowers will help ease the mind and relax the body.
A walk in an orange orchard during flowering is highly recommended if you are feeling a bit melancholy. Neroli is good for scars, stretch marks,thread veins and wrinkles, helps mature and sensitive skin and improves skin elasticity.
Uses for Neroli Essential Oil
- Wet a cotton ball, add a drop of neroli oil, and lightly dab it on your skin to help treat acne,
- A dry cotton ball placed near air conditioners and air vent will freshen the air.
- Put a few drops into your favorite skin cream to help regenerate your skin.
- Put a few drops in a diffuser vaporiser or oil burner to help fight lethargy, depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Make a massage oil at a ratio of 1drop of essential oil to 100 drops of carrier oil and massage all over your body to help improve circulation.
- A few drops applied to a hot or cold compress helps headaches and stress.
- Ease premenstrual discomfort by mixing
- A couple of drops in your bath water is comforting for menstrual aches and pains.
- As a deodorant it can eliminate doors and is a strong but alluring fragrance,